Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

1995 ES300: turn signal..the signal to its original response timing…

Customer Question
My 1995 ES300 has a...
My 1995 ES300 has a very rapid turn signal. I tried a new activator to no avail. What is the solution to returning the signal to its original response timing?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/15/2010
Lexus Mechanic: Anthony, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Anthony
Anthony, ASE Certified Technician

Hello Sir or Madam. Welcome to justanswer!

Where did you get the part?

Are all the lights working?

I bought the part at a local auto parts store. It was identical to the original. I was able to return it and replace the original when it didn't resolve the problem. As far as I can determine all of the lights seem to be operative.
Lexus Mechanic: lexpert, Lexus Master tech replied 8 years ago
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Does the turn signal flash rapidly in BOTH directions or just one direction?

It flashes rapidly in both left and right directions.

Did you check anything yet or only replace the flasher?

When did this start happening and did you do anything to the car before this issue?

It syarted some months ago but just in the right flasher. About three months ago both left and right flashers were at the accelerated pace. I replaced the flasher module but it didn't solve the problem. That is the extent of my efforts to date. Robert
Lexus Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Peter is currently offline. We see this often, where high resistance builds up in the front bulb sockets themselves. Replace both front sockets with factory replacement parts and you should be good to go.