Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Right side front window wont open

Customer Question
right side front window wont open
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/10/2010
Lexus Mechanic: lexpert, Lexus Master tech replied 8 years ago
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech

Hello and thank you for using just answer!

Did this window work when you first purchased the car or never worked before?

Will this window work if you use the switch on either front door?

Do the rear windows work?

yes it worked initially
doesnt operate from either side
all other windows work.
I checked all fuses under dash and they are good.
You said the lights on the master switch is flashing.....if this is the case then NONE of the windows on the driver master switch should operate except the driver window, do you need to recheck this statement?
no the other switches At the drivers door all flash 2x than a pause than 2x on and on
but if you push any of the 4 window buttons on the DRIVER window control switch they ALL work except the passenger front then?
thats correct

How many miles are on this car?

Was the carfax report clean when you purchased it?

Is the vin tag.sticker still present on the front passenger door?

clean car fax no accidents
1 owner
59000 miles
tag is still present

Have you tried disconnecting the vehicles main battery yet to reset the multiplex electrical system?

Also does the power mirror on that door work?

The speaker on that door work?

The power lock on that door work?

The speaker works
the mirror works
the door lock works
the switch does not light up.
I did not disconnect battery.
how long would I do that for?
5 minutes, but then the windows need to be reinitialized, I have seen the relays in the door control computers stick and cause this, very common on the ES and GS models, you can disconnect power and retest this, if the issue is still there then the car would have to be connected to a dealers scan tool to read some data lists to proprly diagnose it further and quicker.
how do you reinitialize?
Just roll the windows up and down several times but it will NOT work from the maste switch, you have to go around the car to each switch on each door to do that. Once completed they all work from the driver switch again.