Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Tight..bump..loud noises like a broken strut noise it only dose this…

Customer Question
my top when closed...
my top when closed is latching and appears tight but when I hit even a small bump then top makes loud noises like a broken strut noise it only dose this with the top up
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
6/10/2010
Lexus Mechanic: lexpert, Lexus Master tech replied 8 years ago
lexpert
lexpert, Lexus Master tech

I posted an info. request to the question that you posted several days ago and you never replied back, are you getting the e-mails from just answer that are notifying you to comunicate with the experts here?

I recieved a text requesting more info and went to reply in the waiting room and it said already answered This is the first reply via e-mail what info do you need

I was trying to send you another reply here to be sure you are able to communicate back and forth, the last question you posted I replied to and never recieved a reply.

On this top issue, can you tell roughly where on the frame this noise is coming from? Is it at the latch area, the pivot point mid roof or at the base?

the front right but it appeares tight and also at the fold or mid. it seems to be the mid that won't lock if it even dose. basicaly the whole roof rattles over any bump if the bump is on the left the left makes the noise ect..

ok thank you.

If you pressupward on your roof while sitting still can you simulate this noise?

Also just to be clear here this noise does NOT take place when the top is down correct?

Does the top open and close normally or does it act up at all when operating?

I have tried to make the noise and can not. It only happens with the top up. it never used to happen. the top open and closes normaly. one thing I did notice is their is only a cable on the drivers side it appears to be a electrical wire because its a gear opporatting top right
I'd like to check a few things and get back to you
you give up on me?
Relist: No answer yet.