Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Lexus Expert
8257649

How do I replace the 100 amp alternator fuse on a 1998 Lexus ES 300 ?

how do I replace the 100 amp alternator fuse on a 1998 Lexus ES 300 ?
Category: Lexus
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 7 years ago.

This large box fuse is bolted to the main busbar in the fuse box. You have to disassemble the fuse box in order to get to the bolts on either side of this fuse to replace it. There are no simple or easy directions to give for this even in the Toyota shop repair manual. I do have several collection of photographs from the 2002 body style Camry that will give you a general idea of what to do and what to look for as far as clips and disassembling the fuse box. If you're interested in these photographs let me know and you can use them as a general idea.

Skyvisions

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes.. I would like to receive any photos or general information that can help

The fuse box that bolts to the inner fender needs to be unbolted and disassembled the fusible links are in a separate sub panel or box within this box normally it pulls up or down I don't remember specifically on that year. Click the link below and review these images. Keep in mind these are for representative purposes only this is not the exact same year. These came from an 02 Camry but is similar in concept as to how the panels disassemble and how the bolts look on the busbar and fuse.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d8b582d3d53213ea95af63b7d44918aac12460f1b1110bb9

Skyvisions