Lexus

Lexus Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

Lexus

Code PO330 - mechanic recommended replacing knock sensors,

Customer Question
mass airflow meter and possible...
Code PO330 - mechanic recommended replacing knock sensors, mass airflow meter and possible air/fuel sensor. Isolate faulty component & perform test. found MAF sensor very dirty - cleaned and rechecked - still a little rich.
After I left the mechanic on 10/5 car has driven great with lights still on (Ck engine and Trac off) because he did not turn off. Help please I can not afford to keep buying parts. Also to mention before I took it in the engine was knocking alittle on an incline (only go up a hill) but after he clean MAF it drove great until today. Doing what it did before when you come to a stop (takes forever to get up to speed when you step on it).
Where is the air/fuel ratio sensor in the front and by the firewall? Are there hard to get to?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Lexus
10/14/2009
Lexus Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Ok this code is usually stored from a rodent chewing threw the harness to the knock sensor .They need to check this entire harness to make sure there are no chewed wires.This is common and the next step that needs to be taken.
So you are saying do not replace MAF or air/fuel ratio sensor?
No not yet check for damage to the harness its very common for rodents to chew through the wires.
Sorry to keep asking but I am not thinking it is rodents because the car is garaged and has been every day of it's life and the only rodents here we have in the desert are snakes, scorpios and prairie dogs (never had one in the garage). But if I get mechanic to replace knock sensors are they easy to get to, how long does it take to replace them. My friend said he could get them for $90 each but the mechanic already bought the MAF and air/fuel sensor to put in tomorrow because he said the car is not knocking any longer. Is the harness easy to get to so he can see if damaged in any way tomorrow. I am sorry I just said I would pay $15. but my credit card only had $20.75 left on it.
Ok ,then if he replaces the knock sensors its about 4 hours for both and he should check over the entire harness to be sure there is not damage.As for the sensors thats a great price and i would provide those sensors to your mechanic.
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you...... didn't want to hear about the knock sensors because they have to be sent from N.Y. and the mechanic here can't put them in until next week.
Tom
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician