Lexus

Lexus troubleshooting questions? Ask a Lexus Expert

how do i remove a relay from my fuse box in the engine

Customer Question
?...
how do i remove a relay from my fuse box in the engine ?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Lexus
3/9/2009
Lexus Mechanic: Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
Boxer54
Boxer54, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your Lexus question. What year and model Lexus are you working with and which relay are you needing to remove?
actually I figured out how to remove it but im not sure if i need it or not.
Can you clarify? What relay is it?
I have a 2002 lexus es 300 and my a/c light is blinking. It has been doing this on and off for the past 2 years. In winter it blinks when i don't need it and it starts working in the summertime. I have relay number 90987-02022. I heard replacing it with 90987-02028 can fix the problem and is a common problem in these cars. Just wondering if you have heard about this and if you think it will fix my problem. Thanks.
You are correct. The part number 90987-02028 fixes almost all with this symptom.