Cameron
Cameron, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
108523007

I have an ongoing breach of oral contract case in Oakland

I have an ongoing breach of oral contract case in Oakland county Michigan and I am trying to find out I'm sending a proposed witness list in a proposed expert witness list and they're asking me what is it emotion a what is it categorized
JA: Have you talked to a MI lawyer about this?
Customer: Right now I'm representing myself but I will soon but these are due tomorrow and I have to upload them and I don't know what they're called
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: While we're in the middle of because of the Court's being closed due to covid-19 tomorrow my witness list is due
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: And they're asking me what is sending a proposed witness list of proposed expert witness list and what do I like fire under motion scheduling conference title

Hello! I am the attorney who will be assisting you today. Please keep in mind this is for general information & does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. I am very sorry to hear about your situation. ***You may receive a phone call request, please note this is generated automatically by the site and unless you would like to speak by phone, it can be ignored.***

Good Morning. I would like to assist you, however, i think there is some issues with autocorrect on what you typed. Is your question that you don't know what category to file your witness list under? Is this is Oakland County Circuit Court or District Court? There should be a drop down that shows witness list as a type of filing. You don't want to put it under Motion or you will be charged a hearing fee.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
this is Oakland county circuit Court. District and there's no drop down and is it a motion that I'm filing I just need to know what the title is to submit a witness list in an expert witness list please
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much for calling back

The title would just be "Witness & Exhibit List". Are you filing under the MiFile website?

Ok I looked at one of my old cases. Now I remember. Oakland County doesn't have very many options when you file. You can file it under the category Miscellaneous and there should be a place for you to just type "Witness & Exhibit List"

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Great thank you so much for your help

You are welcome!

• If you can, please rate & review this answer. You can do this by first clicking ACCEPT. Please note leaving a rating doesn’t cost you anything extra, however, I don't get credit for the time and effort that spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is appreciated that you do so. Thank you & have a nice day!
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I will and thank you again

You are welcome & appreciate it.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He was great again thank you Cameron. We're definitely use you again during a live phone call!
Best
Patti
Thank you for the kind words!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I've already given your name to a few people I hope that's okay
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I'm actually a paralegal I haven't practiced in years but I'm so tired of hearing questions from friends I had to do something and I made the right move LOL
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Cameron if you're on the west coast it's too early but when you think about it later what's the power of attorney you need to have filed to know somebody can't handle their money you know whatever and she doesn't have anybody and if something happens to her we don't want it to go someplace that's weird you know what I mean what's that name of the document you know sorry to bother you
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I heard they sold them templates it like drug stores
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ha
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How do we sign up like the full rate the $49 but we only want to have you and not somebody else is that possible

Good Morning! Sorry I didn't see these messages over the weekend. A "Durable Power of Attorney" is the type of POA that grants one person the ability to manage someone's finances.

You can save me as a favorite expert and that way you can request me directly on the site!

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I did! Thx much

Great!