How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33837
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Malpractices. A question about subpoenas. All things

This answer was rated:

JA: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: a question about subpoenas
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: all things
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello. I picked up the assignment to answer your question. I am a retired federal Administrative Law Judge. At some point in this process you may receive a suggestion for a phone call for an additional charge. That is a message that is automatically generated by this website. It does not come for me. You may accept that or disregard it as you choose.

What is your question and where are you located?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I reported my attorney to the ethics bar and he was disciplined about an issue regarding my case. Can I now subpoena him, for records as the F bar suggested?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello attorney, is someone Going to help me?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is the new attorney there
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I just posted a question and got no response


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Yes, you can subpoena records about the bar discipline case if you are suing your attorney for malpractice. The findings of the ethics board are likely relevant, and you have a right to review them. If you do not have a new attorney for the malpractice case, you can get blank subpoenas from the clerk of the court once the malpractice suit is filed.

Have I answered your question? If any part of my response is unclear, please reply WITHOUT rating so I can clarify. My goal is to provide excellent service, so if I've done that, please give me a 5-star rating before signing out. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks. The Bar has disciplined him regarding non-action pertaining to my case. But I am not filing a suit again him. I would like some records pertaining to my ever on going case that I filed years ago. Thanks

To subpoena records, you need to have a pending court case or a reasonable expectation of filing one.

Did you say you're in Florida? You can submit a Public Records Request to the bar and get some information. But they may not send exactly what you're looking for.

Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33837
Experience: Lawyer
Lucy, Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thanks. I would want specific records from the attorney regarding my ongoing case.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The bar may have the records need
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello attorney Lucy, are you still there?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry for the typo. The bar may NOT have the specific records that I need. Thank you

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I will be happy to assist you with any remaining questions you have left.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok. Thanks very much. Lawyer was my former. Reported him to bar, and he was disciplined. Can I use the disciplined case or my original case to subpoena some important records. The records related to work he did earlier with my case. Thanks

Yes, you can.