Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones,
Experience:  Managing Attorney at Nisha Jones Law, LLC
93473422

Is there a way to file a Motion to Dismiss while courthouses

Is there a way to file a Motion to Dismiss while courthouses are closed in Southern California?

Hello! I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. JustAnswer provides general legal information only and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

I reviewed your question and I'm happy to help. What court are you attempting to file with? Is this a civil or criminal motion to dismiss?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Civil. Superior Court of California, County of Orange

Thanks for clarifying. Give me just a few minutes to finish typing up some information for you, thanks!

While you cannot file in person at the clerk's office at the courthouse, you can file electronically using the e-filing system. If you do not already have an account, you can visit this website for further instructions:

https://www.courts.ca.gov/37423.htm

Yes, you can still e-file while the court houses are closed. Hearing dates may not be scheduled until after the court houses have reopened and resumed operating at full capacity.

I hope that helps!

Please remember to rate my service using the 5 stars at the top of the page once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me - I'll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Please remember that any information shared over this site is for general informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should meet with and consult a local attorney for representation in this matter.