DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney. Well versed, understanding, friendly
68302747

Damien! I filed my answer with an attached motion to dismiss

Hello Damien!I filed my answer with an attached motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction. The court has now scheduled notice of hearing dated for the 18th of May. I presume this hearing will be about the motion only??

Hello again!

It sounds like it. A hearing would be on a motion. Did you submit the Answer as an Exhibit?

Did you get any opposition papers?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I used the court's template to provide my answer which stated my request to have the action dismissed due to lack of personal jurisdiction. I then attached my motion and a the 2 page contract as an exhibit. I did not receive and opposition papers.

I see. Well, it sounds good that there is a hearing. You would have to appear for it or have an attorney appear for you. Possibly, and this is just a thought, you could do teleconferencing. But that would be only if the court allows or is equipped for it.

At the hearing, you would argue why there is no personal jurisdiction.

One theoretical point is that the plaintiff cannot be the only link between the defendant and the state. Rather, it is the defendant’s conduct (meaning you traveled there, done business there) that must form the necessary connection with the forum State that is the basis for its jurisdiction over him or her.

You also refer to the argument in your motion.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

If you no longer need assistance, please rate my service between 3-5 stars. Or you can just say Thank you or Accepted and I will know you no longer need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you!

You are welcome!

Thank you for the rating.

You can now add me as a favorite expert on Just Answer for future questions.

Here is a link to my profile:

https://tinyurl.com/DamienJD

For future questions, you just click “Ask Me a Question” on my profile.

Take care.