How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legal Eagle Your Own Question
Legal Eagle
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 46830
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legal Eagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a subpoena for a disposition. It was sent to the

This answer was rated:

I received a subpoena for a disposition. It was sent to the house. I wasn’t the one receiving it my husband was. Am I still obligated to appear?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Indiana
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none My husband showed me the letter today.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I am a doctor. Can I plead the fifth if I have to show up in order to protect my patient? They will most likely question my notes. Can I plead the fifth?

Hello! Thanks for coming to the site. I am an attorney ready to answer your questions. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating. All that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question? Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Also, you may get a phone call request. These are pop-ups sent by the system; not by me. You're free to accept or decline as you wish.

Legal Eagle and 13 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What are they referring to by stating “deposition fees”. I’ll owe money?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can I ignore the request since my hisnadn

Sometimes, a person needs to quash or modify a subpoena. A subpoena is a demand that a person participate in some court proceedings, such as producing a document or testifying under oath. Generally, to do this, a person can submit a motion to quash on the grounds that the subpoena

(i) fails to allow a reasonable time to comply;
(ii) requires a person to comply beyond the geographical limits;
(iii) requires disclosure of privileged or other protected matter, if no exception or waiver applies; or
(iv) subjects a person to undue burden.
There isn’t a form for something like this. You’ll need to do it on 28-line pleading paper. You can usually 211get 28-line pleading paper relatively cheap.

Once the motion is served on the all the parties, they will have a chance to oppose the motion if they wish. They must file and serve their opposition. Regardless, the magistrate will review the documents and either a) call a hearing to have you make oral arguments or b) make a decision without a hearing. Also, you’ll be notified of the magistrate’s decision in writing.