How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Isaac, Esq. Your Own Question
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 44965
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Isaac, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about an auto accident with no injuries

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have a question about an auto accident with no injuries but damage to my vehicle. Is this something you all can provide assistance?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: State of Colorado, Arapahoe county
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I filed a police report and filed a claim with the defendant's insurance company. The defendant falsely claimed insurance coverage when he was not covered so I filed a civil lawsuit and paid the Arapahoe County Sheriff department to serve the defendant. The Sheriff was unable to complete this step due to the defendant vacated his apartment. I have tried to find him but he is in the wind
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I did also contact the city DA to see if they would take my case but they said that has to be initiated by the APD. that is all

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.


What is your question--how can I assist you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I want to know if there are any options for me to sue this guy or at least get some sort of justice for what he did.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I do not need a phone call. Can this be done via chat?



I understand. The obligation under US law is to serve the potential defendant. That means that you must find him, and if you cannot you cannot go forward with your small claims suit. There is no short-cut here, perhaps you can try to find the person via social media such as facebook or instagram, or hire a private investigator to track him. Ultimately without serving him you are stuck. I am genuinely sorry!




Isaac, Esq.

Isaac, Esq. and 19 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you