Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

Personal injuries that I didn’t cause Im being sued

personal injuries that I didn’t cause Im being sued personally and for my business
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by state.
Customer: California los angeles
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I gave a space at my mechanic shop to my friend’s friend just to work on his client’s car and he got into an accident while he drove it. He fixed both cars after the accident but they still want to file a lawsuit against me for personal injuries that I didn’t cause

Hello! Thanks for coming to the site. I am an attorney ready to answer your questions. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating, All that means is that you can count on me to help today. Thanks for providing a description of your situation. Can you tell me what specific questions you have for me today? What is it you’d like to know today? Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What actions should I take?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
And is it correct to sue me for something that I’m not responsible for
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The attorney said “Just so you know, there is a concept in law called apparent agency. It occurs when there is an impression of an agency relationship to a third party. By allowing Mr. X to work from your store, you created an apparent agency relationship and your store can therefore be liable.”

I see. What happened to this guy that he wants to sue? Did he get hurt?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay so there is cesar }, the guy that worked at the shop and he got in an accident with Ashley with his client's car. Now Ashley will sue for personal injuries
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Cesar's client is fine but the other party, Ashley is suing for personal injuries
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ashley's attorney said she will sue me and the business
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Cesar acknowledges his fault and willing to take responsibility though

I see. Do you have liability insurance to help with this? Just kicking the tires on this situation.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No I don't have insurance for my business

I see. So did Cesar work for you at all as an employee?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I gave him a little space to work on his client's car

I see. So in this case, there are a few things to consider:

1. You should consider trying to just settle this out of court;

2. If that's not possible, then you may have to defend this claim;

3. If you weren't responsible for Cesar and if you weren't responsible for the accident, she will have to prove that you're responsible;

4. The "apparent agency" argument is flimsy and it suggests that she has no responsibility to find out who Cesar is employed by and somehow prevents Cesar from taking responsibility for her injuries. As such, consider a settlement, but if not, try that defense.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you in Los Angeles?

I'm not. I'm south of there! I'm in CA, but not LA.

I don’t have any specific contacts; however, I can do the next best thing.

One of the hardest things, but usually the lawyers who pay the most in advertising can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Below is a link to a website that compiles the state lawyer referral services:

https://thebestlegalresources.blogspot.com/

Sometimes, the local law schools can provide free legal assistance, too.

Did you have any other questions for me today about this?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No that was it
Thank you

You bet. You can just click on my profile link below, and you can come on back for more answers

https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-dmwesq/

There’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you scroll up on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

4. Tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok ��

Thanks so much!