legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I’m filling out a small claims form in California and it is

I’m filling out a small claims form in California and it is asking if my claim is for possession of property. Is security deposit considered property?

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Yes, a security deposit is considered personal property;

which form are you referencing?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
SC-100
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have an additional question, I’m in section 4.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It says if I asked the defendant for my personal property but I didn’t specifically ask for it, I tried to find a solution for them to keep it and not bill me other items. Is that considered asking for property ?

Also please see:

https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/sc100info.pdf

Thank you;

that is referencing personal property such as furniture, a car, etc and not money;

money is addressed in #3

Before filing a lawsuit the plaintiff must first send a request for reimbursement; this will generate a letter:

https://www.courts.ca.gov/11145.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But I don’t need to use that letter generators
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I offered them a resolution. My question is, if I offered my resolution. Does that count as me attempting to pay me ?

If a resolution was offered that counts as an attempt to negotiate not an attempt to pay.