How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 22478
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I’m filling out a small claims form in California and it is

This answer was rated:

I’m filling out a small claims form in California and it is asking if my claim is for possession of property. Is security deposit considered property?

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Yes, a security deposit is considered personal property;


which form are you referencing?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have an additional question, I’m in section 4.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It says if I asked the defendant for my personal property but I didn’t specifically ask for it, I tried to find a solution for them to keep it and not bill me other items. Is that considered asking for property ?

Also please see:


Thank you;

that is referencing personal property such as furniture, a car, etc and not money;

money is addressed in #3

Before filing a lawsuit the plaintiff must first send a request for reimbursement; this will generate a letter:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But I don’t need to use that letter generators
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I offered them a resolution. My question is, if I offered my resolution. Does that count as me attempting to pay me ?

If a resolution was offered that counts as an attempt to negotiate not an attempt to pay.

legalgems and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you