Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I’m not sure if it’s a legal questions or an insurance

Customer Question

I’m not sure if it’s a legal questions or an insurance company question. I was at fault and uninsured in a car accident. My vehicle is drivable but I think the other vehicle needs significant repair. Since I will probably have to pay out of pocket do insurance companies except payment plans? Also, at first they said the liability was 70% my fault then they said they will not cover any part of the claim. Should I have a lawyer for this?
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by state.
Customer: california
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. The insurance company isn't likely to want to accept a payment plan, but if they believe that you will pay it and they also believe that it is the only way they will receive subrogration from you, then they might consider it. I would highly recommend that, if you can afford one, you hire an attorney to negotiate this settlement, especially since the other party may be partially at fault.

As an aside, I don't know whether or not you received a ticket for driving uninsured, even if you didn't, if this other company reports that you were uninsured, you may have your driver's licenses suspended. This is a link to the California Financial Responsibility law summary: https://www.victimslawyer.com/files/sr104.pdf

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to reply to this answer and let me know that I covered your question, then the Site will give me credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 8 days ago.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 10th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the box with stars at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing),which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not received a response or your rating.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, we cannot form an attorney-client relationship via this forum (therefore I cannot give legal advice or opinion) and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me, even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.