Kimora Pope
Kimora Pope,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Kimora Pope
105453597

I have a title to a mobile home that was not transferred. We

I have a title to a mobile home that was not transferred. We have been living in it for 21 years. Not knowing we were suppose to go to the DMV. We now want to sell it. DMV said we have to pay 2300 dollars for which the trailer is not worth it. What can we do?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Louisiana
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: so far went to DMV to get the title transferred in our name, but were told this amount of money.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello. I am KimP. I have practiced law for over 20 years.

Have you tried registering the mobile home as a gift to you instead of as a sale. That should know knock out the fee or at least lower it.

Best wishes. Please give me a 5 star rating. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The mobile home was titled to us but never transferred. We have a cash bill of sale.

Yes. BUT I am telling you to tell DMV that the motor home was a gift to you so that the transfer fee will be less.