legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
63726236

I need to subpoena the assistant manager of my building,

I need to subpoena the assistant manager of my building, they told me I would need to send the subpoena to,the home office they would then decide if the subpoena would be sent to her, could I serve her anyway.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

An individual employee can be served a subpoena at their residence or at work; there is no requirement to send it to the home office.

Please see:

https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/231/chapter200/s234.2.html

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Doesn't make clear do I need to send the subpoena to her boss, who will determine if the subpoena will be served on her?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you

A subpoena is a court order so it is served to whom it is addressed;

so if for example an individual has personal knowledge of a situation, that person would be served.
If it is an employment situation the employee can then notify the employer and the employer may wish to hire an attorney to review the subpoena and see if there are grounds to object.

But an employer does not supersede the power of the court so for example if the employer instructs employee not to respond, the court can sanction that employee.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
How do enter documents from a subpoena if the person isn't needed to testify about the issue.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
My case is not civil a summary offence