Atty. Olivia G.
Atty. Olivia G., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney Since 1987
106510231

Sold car they didn't transfer title then they sold it now

Second opinion] Sold car they didn't transfer title then they sold it now current buyer is trying to force me to sign title to themJA: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.Customer: Ohio and sold it to a guy in IndianaJA: What steps have you taken so far?Customer: This is the firstJA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?Customer: I don't think soThis

You should consider signing the title. If you're worried about the chain of title being correct, you and the current buyer could just sign and date a statement between you that says that the you sold the car to whoever and that person sold it to whoever (the current owner). The reason I say you should consider signing the title is that if you're still the registered owner you still have legal responsibility for the car - and you don't want that burden if you don't own the car now.

I hope this helps. If so, please click to *accept* this answer because that helps me.