Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  30 Years In General Practice,
68197583

CIVIL RIGHTS – ******* M. ****** INMATE – ******** COUNTY

CIVIL RIGHTS – ******* M. ****** INMATE – ******** COUNTY JAIL – ****** , ILLINOIS ****** has suffered 2 brain injuries and has seizures and loss of hearing one due to a beating with a ball bat and the other he hit a combine with his motorcycle. He then became addicted to **** . (Not sure of the time frame on the following) ********** hit **** while he was strapped in a restraint chair – **** was Lieutenant of the guards at this time. He was strapped into a restraint chair twice that my mother is certain of and left for 3 days at a time. Once he was choked till he was unconscious. He has been left naked in view of both female and male inmates. He filed a sexual harassment charge against ****** for spraying mace on his genitals. There are medical records substantiating this. Supposedly camera’s were broken at this time. 08/18/19 Officer ******* let an inmate throw urine in his face and told him he was not allowed a shower. He took one anyway and officers took him soaking wet with no clothes past all the female prisoners, to women’s drunk tank and left him there until he called his Grandma at 8:09PM. 3 officers plus officer **** tripped and punched ******** in the kidney’s while he was on the floor & threatened to break his arm. All of this should be on camera. 08/18/19 – Email to Attn. ******* Griffin - Joshua has been beaten and may have broken ribs. He thinks they are trying to kill him. I have called Cpt ****** , IL State Police, Madison Co. District Att. Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation. 09/16/19 – ******** and his cell mate playing cards on the floor when Sgt ******* ****** and 2 other officers ran into the cell and choked Joshua – then began a torturous game of telling him to stand – up then sit-down on and on. Two witnesses to this were ***** ****** and ****** ****** . Then refused to give ********* and his cell mate breakfast the next day. 09/20/19 – Email to Attn. ****** Griffin - I have grave concerns regarding the abuse of ****** at the hands of the guards in ****** county jail. He has been attacked twice by them. I have called Captain ****** and had my mom call yesterday for a well being check. He says the guards have taken all his belongings as well as refusing him and his cell mate breakfast. I am not sure what to do at this point. I feel a civil rights suit may be my next action. 10/02/19- Email to Attn. Steve ***- ******is being transferred to ***** jail and seems concerned about this. I don't know enough about this to be concerned but could you find out why this is happening? 10/03/19 – Email to Attn. ********* - Please call me. 618-****-****. *****PD had to take my son to Alton Memorial Hospital ER – He has a brain bleed and his head is swollen. They have taken him back to ***** County Jail. WHY did they take him to **** PD? He was beaten right after phone call to me by the inmate who threw urine on him right as he entered his cell. We do have documentation from the hospital as well as screen shots taken during a off site phone visit. 10/07/19 6:09PM - Got a call from inmate ****** Cox informing me of Sgt. *********** coming into ***** ‘s cell and making him go to lock down – according to **** the Sgt has it “out” for *****. JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Before I connect you, is there anything else you'd like the Lawyer to know? Customer: Yes I am afraid for the safety of my son. He should be in a drug rehab or mental health facility not a jail.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. The site will offer you the option for a telephone call. In the meantime, we can continue in this format. This would be a civil rights/prisoner's rights matter. The site blocks out your personal information can you tell me the county jail that your son is incarcerated in?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Madison County Jail Edwardsville, Illinois

Let me provide all the resources available for him in the area as well as civil rights Attorneys that provide free consultations. Further the Department of Justice will investigate civil rights violations as well as corruption in detention facilities. Please give me a few moments.

I agree with you that Jail/prison is not the proper place for drug abuse and mental health issues.

The ACLU provides free services for civil and prisoners rights violations at https://www.aclu-il.org/

https://www.lawyers.com/civil-litigation/madison-co/illinois/law-firms/

Please give me a moment for the link for the Department of Justice and other local resources to assist him.

Report inmate abuse to the Department of Justice at https://www.justice.gov/actioncenter/submit-complaint

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end, 5 stars? The Attorneys do not receive credit from the site for their work and time unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good-faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt-out. Thank you for using JA!

Do you have any additional questions for me?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for the advice - felt like I was drowning with no one to help.

You are most welcome.