Atty. Olivia G.
Atty. Olivia G., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney Since 1987
106510231

I wasnt paid by a insurance company what I should of been

I wasnt paid by a insurance company what I should of been ... they tried to pay me only $1500 on damage that exceeded $5000 the check was sent back to the insurance company and now they wont respond to me now. Its houng on 2years in November. I want to go to small claims court and sue them so I can get paid for damages and restitution. I've spent a lot of money trying to fix the vehicle which inturn was financially bad for my business! Should I go to small claims court and doni need a lawyer? They had full coverage on their vehicle as well....
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by state.
Customer: Alamogordo New Mexico
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to sue either the people responsible or both the insurance company and or both and would you recommend me getting a lawyer?

I suggest that you consult with a New Mexico attorney first. If this affected your business and cost you additional money/issues, you may have other claims against the insurance companies and a local lawyer can review your case and run through your options. And you may decide to sign on the lawyer to help you. For a cost of $35, the New Mexico State Bar Association will arrange a referral to a qualified lawyer for a half hour initial consultation. Details are here: https://www.nmbar.org/Nmstatebar/For_Public/Lawyer_Referral.aspx

Good luck! If this is helpful, please click the space to **accept** this answer as that helps me get paid.