Just chatted with your service..but my computer froze up. I…

Hi just chatted with...

Hi just chatted with your service..but my computer froze up. I need to get to the pay option so I can get some advice. Is there a pay one time fee vs joining?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's... Read full answer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

I have a question regarding intellectual property.I am starting a toy company. I am getting a prototype made of a plush dog. The dog is being created after a real dog and I am licensing him to create a plush toy of him to sell. Ive had trouble finding a good plush designer who can get the look of him correct. It was suggested I use a company online called Cuddle Clones. They make custom plush animals after your pets and from the site it looks like they do a great job. I am looking for another plush designer but in the meantime I am having this Cuddle clone site make the dog just as a back up. My question.. can I use this dog they make for me as a prototype for manufacturing? There was no agreement or anything I signed when I contracted them to make the plush dog for me. I just want to make sure they dont have any rights to the dog they are making me. It seems its a job for hire so it should be all mine to do what I want with. But I wanted to be clear.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/26/2019
Michael J., Esq.

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to assisting you today. By continuing, you acknowledge that I am not providing legal advice and can only comment on the law in general.

Have you gone over this company's terms of service, if any, to make sure this issue isn't dealt with there?

Michael

Michael J., Esq.
I could not see any terms of service on their web site.you can reach me at(###) ###-####
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have a tenant who didnt want to pay a pet deposit. She
I have a tenant who didnt want to pay a pet deposit. She randomly got a dog, and said it was for her brother with PTSD. well the brother said its not his and he doesnt want it, and then she went to ht… read more
It relates to section 504 vs ADA law. I'm a federal employee
It relates to section 504 vs ADA law. I'm a federal employee of the US Dept of the Army and have a service animal. Can the federal government, military installation and/or entities on the installation… read more
Attorney,
I have a scaredy little dog that is prone to barking. I try
I have a scaredy little dog that is prone to barking. I try to keep her from barking for more than a few seconds at most, and for the most part, I think I'm successful. Recently, however (as in for th… read more
Stop searching for answers—
Please advise me my rights (and requirements) under the ADA
Please advise me my rights (and requirements) under the ADA regarding Therapy / Service Dogs. If I am asked whether I have a (service) dog by an HOA / POA, how should I answer? Am I required to disclo… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I live in a Florida community governed by a homeowners association.
I live in a Florida community governed by a homeowners association. The governing Documents contain a provision restricting pets to one per house. One of our residents has two dogs and claims that one… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I am disabled. I wear leg braces, loss of sensory feeling in
I am disabled. I wear leg braces, loss of sensory feeling in my hands due to having CMT a form of Muscular Dystrophy. I have a small trained Havanese Medical Alert Dog which usually travels in a carri… read more
Attorney,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
What is one required to have to obtain a service dog?
I have read up on ADA laws and from what I understand you don't need proof and no one can require it if you have a service dog. I received a letter (which I will type for you word for word) that state… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
Hello. I bought my manufactured home in a senior mobilehome
Hello. I bought my manufactured home in a senior mobilehome park in Santa Rosa. It is privately owned. We are allowed 2 pets (cats or dogs) but can't walk them in the park. I have a chih/fox terrier d… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
Hello, my boyfriend and I just broke up. We adopted a dog together.
Hello, my boyfriend and I just broke up. We adopted a dog together. The dog and I have a strong bond together and my ex is trying to take the dog from me. The dog has my name only on his microchip. Is… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Attorney at Law,
purchase of puppy said to be toy breed, actually growing to
purchase of puppy said to be toy breed, actually growing to be standard breed. toy is smallest (6-10 lbs), then miniature (10-20 lbs) then standard (20-40 lbs.) puppy is 7 months old and 20 lbs. paid … read more
I live in a senior community and we are allowed only one dog
I live in a senior community and we are allowed only one dog not over 12 pounds. Recently I was given back my late son-in-law's Boxer and I would dearly LOVE to keep him. But the "rules" stand in the … read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I am an employer operating a business in Virginia. A trusted
I am an employer operating a business in Virginia. A trusted employee designed a special water intrusion device for warehouse overhead doors by use of our company's total resources; i.e., the cost for… read more
MShore Law
MShore Law
Stop searching for answers—
Our son, who is 41, lives in a rented apartment complex in
Our son, who is 41, lives in a rented apartment complex in NYS. His disability is emotional. He finds great comfort and help from a dog his sister owns...she is willing to let her brother "borrow" her… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I have just received letter to inform me that my tenancy at
I have just received letter to inform me that my tenancy at 4314 B Van Dyke will end on SETPT 22. I have been discrimated against, refusal to make reasonable accomodation for my two Ca Service Animals… read more
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
I"m so sad, I just lost my pet maltese named tobby. I bought
I"m so sad, I just lost my pet maltese named tobby. I bought him and my other dog a toy at petco, one of those pulshy toys and they broke it apart. My maltese ate parts of the toy and it got him so si… read more
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
I have been living in a rented townhouse for 2 1/2 years, and
I have been living in a rented townhouse for 2 1/2 years, and we are not allowed pets. We got rid of our cats and rabbit before moving in. Two weeks ago I was prescribed a companion pet by my psychiat… read more
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker
IV BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW PLACE AND IV HAD REALLY BAD LUCK ...
IV BEEN LOOKING FOR A NEW PLACE AND IV HAD REALLY BAD LUCK IN FINDING A PLACE BECAUSE OF MY PETS.INFACT IV BEEN ON THE EDGE WITH MY CURRENT LANDLORDS.AND CLOSE TO GETTING EVICTED FROM HERE CAUSE OF DO… read more
Anne
Anne
Attorney,
I am 53 yrs of age, handicapped, I recently was given a ...
I am 53 yrs of age, handicapped, I recently was given a companion, Jake, my beloved pet, which I totally love as my companion. My andlord says I cannot keep him because there alot of dogs in my buildi… read more
Jav917
Jav917
Private