Is there any adultery laws in the state of Ohio. There

Is there any adultery...

Is there any adultery laws in the state of Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. Have you talked to an Ohio lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
... Read full answer

Lawyer's Assistant: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. Have you talked to an Ohio lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

There hasn't been any steps taken yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not that I know of yet

3/6/2019
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law

Good evening. I am the attorney assisting with your question. Your question is straightforward, so I am inclined to give a straightforward response. However, if clarification is needed, please do not hesitate to ask - my goal is your satisfaction.

There are no laws prohibiting adultery in the state of Ohio. It is not criminally illegal. It use to be that one could sue civilly over adultery in Ohio, but that law was revoked in 1985. It's still morally wrong and destructive to families, but it's not a legal matter.

Let me know if further clarification is needed, and please feel free to leave a positive rating once you are completely satisfied (it is how I receive credit for my answers). Thank you!

Do you know how much a dissolution will cost

It depends on how complex the case is, whether children are involved, how much property is involved, etc. It can cost anywhere from $500 to $5,000,000, but the typical cost when no attorneys are involved is around $500. The average cost with an attorney is usually around $5,000.

The only thing that is involved is kids

When kids are involved, my rule of thumb is to double the expected cost.

Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am wondering if the law that recently passed in az making
I am wondering if the law that recently passed in az making nunchucks not a felony is retroactive. My friend has a charge from about 3 - 4 years ago and wants to know how this new law will effect him … read more
Attorney Bruce
Attorney Bruce
Attorney At Law,
What are the known penalties for ADULTERY committed in the
What are the known penalties for ADULTERY committed in the State of Texas and how does one go about proving it in a Court of Law in Texas? … read more
Attorney,
Are new laws going on the books regarding dog grooming in
Are new laws going on the books regarding dog grooming in ohio … read more
Sarah Fischer
Sarah Fischer
Stop searching for answers—
When can the IRS start a criminal investigation for
When can the IRS start a criminal investigation for fraud--before or after the tax deadline … read more
Lawyer,
We have been together 26 yr, my husband and i married 11 of
We have been together 26 yr, my husband and i married 11 of those yrs I've been taking care of my father who is 87 yrs and so I'm in Dayton alot well my husband brought me to my dads the other day and… read more
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Member,
My son is married to a Chinese lady and they have a almost
My son is married to a Chinese lady and they have a almost 18 month old baby. They're having marital issues and as a Grandparent I fear she'll take the child back to China and we will never see her ag… read more
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I think I need a specialist in family or elder law, in Ohio.
Hello. I think I need a specialist in family or elder law, in Ohio. My mother has been scammed several times, and I'm concerned. … read more
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley
retired,
We are $2600 to our daughter so she can purchase a car. How
We are $2600 to our daughter so she can purchase a car. How can we attach the car as colateral, but not be responsible for insurance or tags? … read more
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Member,
What can I do if my lawyer isn't submitting forms that I
What can I do if my lawyer isn't submitting forms that I asked him too and if he's lying to me? … read more
I've been in Ohio since 2010. Her father got sole custody
I've been in Ohio since 2010. Her father got sole custody awarded to him in Hawaii however he's been in trouble with the law (arrested)so in 2015 I moved back to Hawai'i to get my daughter. He's still… read more
Attorney,
Question about whether one spouse who has a full time good
question about whether one spouse who has a full time good job and no dependents/children can literally "take everything" (houses, other spouses business, cars, all assets) if that other spouse has be… read more
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy
Member,
I have a student who is wanting to make up a advanced
Hello. I have a student who is wanting to make up a advanced defensive pistol class. However she has an open domestic violence and disorderly conduct case. Can I legally teach the class? … read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
Stop searching for answers—
Can I sue or press charges against a man that had sex with
Can I sue or press charges against a man that had sex with my wife … read more
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
I live in Colorado and under Colorado Statutes Title 18 Adultery
I live in Colorado and under Colorado Statutes Title 18 Adultery 18-6-501: Any sexual intercourse by a married person other than with that person's spouse is adultery, which is prohibited. Can I sue m… read more
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD
My wife has committed adultery once in Florida on February
My wife has committed adultery once in Florida on February 2009 and potentially committed adultery within the state of Ohio in late March of this year. Both of us are Florida residents. Aside the grou… read more
Attorney at Law,
Is it easier to obtain a divorce now that my husband has been
Is it easier to obtain a divorce now that my husband has been incarcerated for multiple counts of child pornography charges ?… read more
Legalease
Legalease
Attorney At Law,
Doctor of Law w/ highest honors
my friend lives in indiana and is going thru a divorce that
my friend lives in indiana and is going thru a divorce that is not yet final, is it against indiana's adultery laws if she comes to ohio to see me?… read more
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker
I live in Ohio, my spouse cheated. I dont know if there was
I live in Ohio, my spouse cheated. I don't know if there was anything physical all I know is that he was talking to another female all hours of the day and night, and he would go to the bar that she w… read more
legaleagle
legaleagle
Attorney,