Lori
Lori, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with over 25 years experience
101026752

What property in York County PA is exempt from creditors

Second opinion] What property in York County PA is exempt from creditors attachment.

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. Here's a list:

1. federal law protects your Social Security retirement, disability and SSI benefits from being touched by creditors

2. state law exemptions:

• Bibles, schoolbooks, sewing machines, uniforms, and equipment
  • $300 cash
  • Most wages and unemployment compensation
  • Social Security Benefits
  • Certain retirement funds and accounts (Public School Employees’ Retirement Fund; State Employees’ Retirement Fund; Police Pension Funds; Philadelphia Pension Fund; Pittsburgh Pension Fund; Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Fund’ Private Employees’ pensions or annuity funds; Self-employed retirement or annuity funds; retirement or annuity funds provided for under the Internal Revenue Code; Civil Service, Foreign Service, Railroad Retirement, Judges’ widows’ annuities)
  • Certain veteran and armed forces benefits (Armed Forces Survivor Benefit Plan; Savings deposited with armed forces; Medal of Honor roll Special Pension)
  • Certain insurance benefits (Fraternal society benefits; Worker’s Compensation; Group insurance; Life insurance and annuities; Accident and disability insurance; No- Fault motor vehicle accident benefits; unemployment compensation)

Have I answered all your questions?

If so, please remember to accept my response and click the stars above to post a positive 5-star rating so I get credit.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is Survivorship settlement from wrongful death action protected?

No. Not unless the funds are in an attorney trust account or in an Irrevocable Trust.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can a creditor in another state compel production of documents by a debtor in PA
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can a judgment creditor in Md compel production of documents in an Oral exam on Judgment debtor in Pa?
No. Not unless the debtor is a defendant in the Pa. action and consented to jurisdiction in PA
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The judgment is in Md. The judgment creditor is in Md the Judgment debtor lives in Pa. TheJudgment creditor has attached bank account of Judgment debtor that is a national bank located in Md & Pa. The judgment creditor has filed a show cause Order on the Debtor for failing to appear at the Oral examine in Md. What remedy do the judgment debtor who resides PA can do to stop the showcase order for contempt in MD.

The MD court cannot force you to appear there. The MD order cannot be enforced for contempt in PA