Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I need help of the lawyer with experience in international

Customer Question

I need help of the lawyer with experience in international shipment (the container with personal stuff).
LIMCO Logistics, Florida based company agreed to ship it from Seattle to Odessa, Ukraine this May.
They provided me with the quote of $2,750.
In a month they informed me that US Custom randomly selected the container for inspection and will charge about $300.
Several days ago they sent me new invoice for $5,722. I asked why and they sent me several documents with unclear and incomplete, even wrong information. The container is in transition now, namely in Shanghai. LIMCO director refused to discuss any reasonable solution. He and his staff consistently provided me with contradictory and false information. Everything is in emails. What is the best action I could undertake?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.
This is starting to sound suspiciously like a scam so I need you to tell me exactly what happened...

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The best is to talk. Are you available on Skype (I am in Ukraine now)? My Skype is igor.krichtafovitch

I don't think the site is set up for that...

This is sounding like a scam though, so if you'd like to type out what happened I'm happy to help you (since this question is based in part in the US). But I'm telling you that this "random selection" by US Customs and doubling of the bill is virtually guaranteed to be a scam.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you are willing to call me in Ukraine my phone number is +380995579946

I cannot call you in the Ukraine but I will open up your question to other attorneys and perhaps someone can.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well, still nobody responded.