I went to mediation a couple of weeks ago with my wife we…

Good morning.. I went to...
Good morning.. I went to mediation a couple of weeks ago with my wife we came to agreement on her TSP her attorney said that she would handle I guess the rest of the divorce by getting the judge to sign it and I guess going to her company which is the government to get this TSP transfer to me ..she made a statement saying that it was really my responsibility but that she would do it for me since I didn't have a attorney how long should I give her before contact her to find where she is in the process should I give it some more time
7/12/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

A couple of weeks is a reasonable amount of time to contact her for a status update. It may be that she has to hear back from the company/government (the employer) and has not done so yet. But it could be something for her to request from the company also, i.e., a status update. So, your request for a status update is reasonable and may remind her to get the required information about the TSP and any paperwork you have to complete.

We can continue to discuss this if you would like to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you I didn't want to push her if she was doing me a favor by completing the rest of this but I also didn't want her to drag this thing out because this divorce has already been drugged out too long so if you think a couple of weeks is good enough I will email her and ask for a update

You are welcome. You can always keep me informed or open another question if some issues persist. Best regards.