I have a tenant that has violated his lease agreement and I…

I have a tenant...

I have a tenant that has violated his lease agreement and I wish to start eviction proceedings. A lease signed on 1/1/2018 by both parties states on page 6 clause #15 that landlord will receive mail and packages at rented property. 0n 3/17/2018 my mail was returned to post office by tenant and returned to sender. In conclusion this has been my business address since 1967 where I receive payment and correspondence from longtime clients and business associates. The above action has caused a financial domino effect that at this time is inconclusive. My question is do I have a valid case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvinia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I went to District court in Darby and got a landlord/tenant form

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. Could this be a case of mail tampering?

7/12/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

Under the PA Landlord/Tenant Act it requires your landlord to give you a written eviction notice. This notice must be a 15 days if the eviction is for breach of the lease or end of lease term.

.

https://www.palawhelp.org/resource/landlord-tenant-overview-and-notice-requireme

.

So assuming you can prove that the tenant did send the mail back, that would clearly be a lease violation here.

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
two weeks after the tenant signed the lease he showed displeasure with this agreement and in March the problem started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
good

Ok, then I think you shouldn't have much push back in terminating the lease if the tenant doesn't like the way things are going.

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
other legal reasons to evict a tenant
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what other legal reasons to evict a tenant

.

If they breach the lease terms by doing something like not paying rent or causing damages to the dwelling..

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you so much