Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My friend is in a relationship of 5 years with a woman who

Customer Question

my friend is in a relationship of 5 years with a woman who served him a summons stating that he was a sqautter and for
JA: What state is your friend in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: he paid for most everything in their house and she is trying to have him evicted on the basis of being someone who forcibly took over her house. lee county cape coral florida
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: sht took advantage of his lack of court language (he is spanish speaking) they motioned for a default july 6
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i really need help for my friend he is afraid that he will be evicted from his own house
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

The answer to your question depends on context...in order to provide a helpful answer, I need to know more about what is going on. Can you provide a bit more context?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
he bought a house with his partner 2 years ago but her name is ***** ***** title. She got angry at him for drinking when he is diabetic (but there is no violence involved or abuse.) She just told him he is being evicted. july 6 he sked for a motion of default. he did not know he had to respond -he didnt understand.

Thank you

Did you have a question regarding this matter?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
should he get legal aid?

This begs a number of questions...the primary question, why is he not on title (you claim he is an owner...ownership is reflected by title...if he is not on title, why is that)?