I have been taken for a lot of money by a person online. I…

I have been taken...

I have been taken for a lot of money by a person online. I am on disability, and sometimes I believe he will pay me back for all the loans I’ve taken out for him. I’m not able to pay them all back and have limited income because of my disability. Is there any law that frees me from paying these loans?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing but I was going to file bankruptcy thinking I might be able to afford it, but, “no way!”

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am at times depressed and very anxious. I am on disability but I want to work and want to fight the system.

7/11/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with this question.

You would need to sign a loan agreement to be liable on any loan.

You could deny any loan that you personally did not sign off on. Bankruptcy would be also an option if you cannot afford any of your liabilities.

If you have loaned money to a person you can issue a civil demand for the return of the money and /or file civil proceedings to collect the debt.

For small amounts you can file a small claims case ; otherwise you would file in the general civil court.

If you need more assistance please follow up with me.

In return by taking the time to leave positive feedback today I get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated in this regard.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney