I’m looking for some family law/moving guidance. I’m in

I’m looking for some...

I’m looking for some family law/moving guidance. I’m in washington state.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a WA lawyer about this?

No I have a message out but haven’t heard back from anyone.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Pretty much my own cursory research. Some rulings have already been made but nothing has been signed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Maybe just that I’m not a party in the case. My husband is but doesn’t have a lot of time during the day so I’m just tying to help.

7/11/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’m an attorney. Please note this site is for general educational information and does not constitute legal advice. You might be offered a phone call but that’s an automatic feature on the site so please don’t feel in obligation to accept unless you actually want a phone call.What can I answer for you?
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Well the mother of my stepson was granted permission to move out of state. She presented a parenting Plan that would give us visitations this summer from June 20 to August 15. She said that she would like to move on July 20 though and take him with her. My husband said that that would be giving us a whole month the visitation and wasn’t willing to do that. No parenting plan hasn’t signed we set a court date for July 24. My question is can she legally leave the state at this point? With the court date on the docket and no new parenting plan signed?
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Giving up not us. Sorry
Phone call session started
The last court order controls. So if you’re telling me that she was granted permission to move out of the state then she could move out of the state. I see that you have a court date scheduled shortly, which means she would need to return for that court date or a decision that is contrary to what she wants could be ordered by the court. So, that’s why it is a bad idea to skip court dates. But it is a very reasonable thing for your husband to say to the judge that just because she wants to move doesn’t mean is not entitled to parenting time – and courts are very sensitive to that.