It's a doozy though. Spartanburg S.C. Just looking up paper…

It's a doozy though. ...

It's a doozy though.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Spartanburg S.C.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Just looking up paper work

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Dealing with intestacy law I guess

7/10/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply as I am an actual practicing attorney, not an employee of JustAnswer.

.

If you can post your legal question and some of the back story about what is going on, I should be able to help.

.

.

thanks

Customer reply replied 11 days ago
With no will in place. someone placed themselves on a deed through Intestacy law. He is not blood Nor was he Adopted. Would I still be able to retrieve the property?

How long ago did this happen?

.

Was the person in possession of the property for some time before doing this?

.

.

thanks

In order to acquire real estate through intestate succession, they have to file a formal probate court case and prove that they are a legal heir...

.

Did that happen?

Barrister, Attorney
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
He did it in Feb 9th 2017
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
The papers were are from probate court. Notary witnessed
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
Any other land doesn't have his name. He did this on his own. No one left it to him
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
http://search.spartanburgdeeds.com/assessor.php?inst_num=DEE-2017-5838
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 11 days ago
you can see it here. He had it transferred to my Aunt at the same time to ensure Intestacy. Before that I wasn't in her name. He is claiming to be her son

Ok, here it the thing.... you don't inherit legally through intestate law unless you are a blood relative or adopted... So if this person engaged in a fraud on the court to get a deed in their name, the true heirs can not only sue to have the deed declared void, but they can also seek to have the person prosecuted for fraud criminally.

.

So whoever Ernest White is, if he is not a legal intestate heir, then he engaged in fraud on the court and can be prosecuted for it.

.

If Pamela was the only actual intestate heir, then she is the only one who should have been listed.