Hope you are doing well & staying cool! I have yet to

Hi Gerald, Hope you are...

Hi Gerald, Hope you are doing well & staying cool! I have yet to receive a bill from the Chiropractor. He sent me a text message on 6/26/18 stating he was going to send me a bill as well as report me to collections. I want play offense instead of defense. I do not trust him! I do not know the process of being reported to collections. He did not get his “Bill” to Allstate until 05/09/18. I received a check from Allstate dated 05/14/18. I deposited the check on 05/21/2018. They had a 5 day hold on it for some reason- I bank at a teacher’s credit union. I’m sure he has been caught up in all that World Cup hullabaloo. I would think he would send me a certified letter, but he is cheap! I just want to make sure he has my correct address ( I’m sure he does), but occasionally we will get the neighbor’s mail & visa versa. Maybe I’m just worrying too much, but something tells me, he is vindictive. Your sage advice is always welcome. I want to put this negative aspect of my life behind me. Thank you, Margaret ***** RN MS ANP-C

7/9/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello Margaret,

I am well. I understand how frustrating this is to you. Please bear with me while I prepare a response for you.

Thank you for your patience.

You likely are worrying a bit more than you need to.

Unless he sends you a bill there is not much for you to do but wait

You could (as we have discussed) file a complaint with the Board stating that he is harassing you and threatening you.

Unless he sends you a bill that you refuse to pay he has no basis to contact you, send you to a collections agency. sue you, or otherwise bother you about this matter. If he refuses to send you a bill you have nothing to pay (or not pay him on).

Having said that you can communicate with him, as we have previously discussed, by sending him a letter telling him not to contact you other than to send a bill to you for the claimed amount due.

We have previously discussed that kind of letter and I have provided you sample language that you can use as a guide.

In fact, as I recall, you were going to send hims such a letter.

If you have not done so, you should reconsider this. If you have and he has not followed up with a legitimate bill, then there is nothing for you to do except wait - other than to file the harassment complaint that we previously discussed.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. I guess I will just wait. I have the letter you wrote for me, but that was if I had receipt of his bill. Yes, I’m a worrier, part of being a Virgo. I will give him one more week, then use the Allstate bill & highlight the disputed charges.
I just do not know the consequences of dragging this out. I’m sure it is bothering him more than me!
We had a delightful rainfall this afternoon that knocked the temp. down. Stay cool & hydrated! ��

If you do not get a bill then you can edit that letter to fit the circumstances. Simple edit the begining to cover the current situation. For example:

"This letter is in response to your continued contact with me regarding money that you claim I owe you for services. I note that while you have made numerous demands and threats, you have not yet sent a bill itemizing the services that you claim you provided."

Then go on with the remainder of the letter.

Thanks for the postive rating.