INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

My granddaughter went to ER here in AZ with what they

My granddaughter went to ER here in AZ with what they diagnosed as a urinary tract infection. Not only did they do a blood test and urinalysis they went way beyond with all kinds of expensive tests that she never consented to. The bill was over $15,000 with her insurance only paying $9,000. They are after her to pay the $6,400 balance. She only makes minimum wage and cannot afford to pay. She has disputed the bill with the hospital to no avail. What are her options?
JA: Has your granddaughter talked to an AZ lawyer about this?
Customer: She can't find a lawyer in Lake Havasu yet where she lives that will go against the local hospital.
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: She has written letters to the Hospital Grievance committee, Hospital CEO and Head Doctor requesting relief from charges for test she didn't consent to. The urinalysis and blood test would have shown the UT infection. There was no reasons for additional tests. They have now turned bill over to collection agency.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything.
What outcome do you envision at this point?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Relief from paying this outrageous bill. She wants them to accept insurance payment as payment in full.
Agreed. A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreement. If the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seek. You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you recommend a lawyer in Lake Havasu City, AZ?