Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed to practice before state and federal court
97407003

My ex set up cameras took nude photos of me in the bathroom

My ex set up cameras took nude photos of me in the bathroom sent them to his friends and watched me on webcam can I have him arrested and what is the statute of limitations in new york

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just found the webcam footage from July 2017 the photos were August 2017

I'm sorry to hear about that. Would you consider bringing a lawsuit in addition to pressing criminal charges?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would I am very afraid of him because its a very violent relationship and I have been trying to escape but I want him ARRESTED and he should pay Now I am scared to undress or even go to the bathroom

Ok, so you have a couple of options:

1. I believe you're within the statute of limitations. The SOL is typically two years in NY. This is like a violation of the criminal code at section 250.40.

2. Contact the police and give them whatever information you have. if you have a copy of the footage or whatever website it may have been posted to, provide that time them as well.

3. You may want to consider a restraining order.

4. You could pursue a private civil cause of action for invasion of privacy.

This appears to me to be the tort of intrusion upon seclusion. What is required for an intrusion upon seclusion claim is that the plaintiff must show:

1.That the plaintiff had a reasonable expectation of privacy (for example, bathrooms, locker rooms, etc.)

2. That the defendant intentionally intruded in that place;

3. The defendant’s intrusion would be highly offensive to a reasonable person; and

4. That the plaintiff was harmed.

Because I value input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help out with:-)?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I appreciate all the information I am going to look into all of this now in order to get some sort of justice you were awesome thank you..

Best of luck!