In SC, do I as the Defendant in a debt collection lawsuit…

In SC, do I as...
In SC, do I as the Defendant in a debt collection lawsuit have to have my motions and answers I file with the court notarized?
7/9/2018
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist. No, motions and answers filed in SC do not need to be notarized. However, they do need to be signed and they need to have a proof of service. Also, they need to have defenses or grounds/basis asserted in the pleadings.

For more information and layout of pleadings filed in response to a complaint - see guidelines:

http://www.parkerpoe.com/webfiles/PLC%20-%20Responding%20to%20a%20Complaint_%20South%20Carolina.pdf

Have I answered all your questions?

If so, please remember to accept my response and click the stars above to post a positive 5-star rating so I get credit.

Lori
Lori, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Perfect! Thanks alot!

You are welcome.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One more question. The documents I am filing are for a civil suit that I have already been served for. Do my motions and answers still need to have proof of service? When they filed another motion against me, they did not serve me again.

Yes, you need to serve a copy of the motion you are filing on the Plaintiff/Plaintiff's attorney.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does that mean when they filed for a motion for summary judgement and I was not served that it was improper?

Yes, you can object due to improper service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Yaaaayyy!! Do I object at the hearing or do I object on my Opposition to summary judgement paperwork I’m filing today?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The hearing is on this Thursday.

You can put it in you opposition papers. Lack of due process and lack of proper notice.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I insert it handwritten into my opposition papers or do I need to type it over again?

I would type it in - looks more professional. Be sure to bring it up at the hearing as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Thanks again!