We recently put a hold on our eviction due to filing

bankruptcy. The management of apartment...
we recently put a hold on our eviction due to filing bankruptcy. The management of apartment complex started a new monthly parking pass rule that you have to get a new sticker from the leasing office every month and if you do not have your vehicle will be towed. The complex management put this notice on everyones door but ours and 1 or 2 others < I am assuming to cause us hardship of our vehicles being towed. Is this legal and if so is there any way to fight this?
7/9/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Your Question:

we recently put a hold on our eviction due to filing bankruptcy. The management of apartment complex started a new monthly parking pass rule that you have to get a new sticker from the leasing office every month and if you do not have your vehicle will be towed. The complex management put this notice on everyones door but ours and 1 or 2 others < I am assuming to cause us hardship of our vehicles being towed. Is this legal and if so is there any way to fight this

Response: No, it is not legal. You can file complaint with your Attorney General's Office for this violation of your rights. In any event, since you are now aware of the rule, make sure that you comply with it.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But they will not give us a parking pass because we are filing bankruptcy!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If it falls under the 100% discount Adam issued to me , then I would be more than happy to talk with you.

Response 1: That would be illegal discrimination and violation of the Bankruptcy Code Automatic Stay. The complex is basically attempting to collect the rent that was put on hold in your bankruptcy by trying to refuse the pass to you. You would have to file lawsuit against the complex in your bankruptcy proceeding for willful of the Automatic Stay and to force the complex to issue the pass to you.

Response 2: I have no clue what your statement is about.

Best wishes,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law