Do you practice law in Arizona? Was going to go to manager…

Do you practice law...

Do you practice law in Arizona?

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Was going to go to manager but not yet still thinkin

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will hourly

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My name is ***** ***** I'm dealing with harassment and discrimination jae***** ***** tuscon arizona

Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Based on what you provided, I don't think AZ law is going to make a big difference and it's likely federal law that will. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my co worker misty barron is picking on me and asking me to quit . also she talks about onesies and shes attacking me at work with bill who makes everything really hard I'm afraid to get dismissed from the job because its just the 3rd day

I'm sorry to hear about that. What is Misty saying about you or to you that is so troubling? Have you gone to management about this? Why is she doing this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
gw plastics tuscon Arizona 2901 e Valencia tuscon az
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
jae***** *****

I see I'm very sorry to hear about that, Jaedon. What is Misty saying about you or to you that is so troubling? Have you gone to management about this? Why is she doing this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
she asked me if i was gay too and played dumb when i confronted her and demanded to go to supervisor

Yikes. What did the supervisor say about this?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have to work 12 hours and they quota me 35 crates , i decided to try to hang in there but now shes making up stuff and acting really bizzare i feel intimidated to go to boss because she got me hired by Jorge assit manager
i did warn her i would tell the boss but she urged me to chill out so i agreed?

I see what you mean. So, you may have an issue that has to be addressed by the company.

This to me sounds like you would have a case of employment discrimination which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, or national origin (42 USC 2000e-2.) The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission field office in your area will serve as the agency that would oversee the complaint, should you decide to file one.

The company is responsible for addressing this and if this means they must terminate Misty and send everyone through training, it's what they will do.[

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i tthink she may be trying to make it hard to continue working there by hiding crates of product we produce and telling me lies to keep working harder or else! also she may be hiding my check I'm not sure yet and they wont tell me how much i make an hour its my third day

I see So, if you feel uncomfortable going to your boss, you could go to the EEOC yourself and file a complaint. I believe there's an office in PHX or in TUC, but you can always call or email to file a complaint.

There are some basic processes that the EEOC files that I think you should be aware of, and I have listed them below:

The initial pre-complaint process can be found at 29 C.F.R. §1614.105. This is the process whereby you may bring this action to an Equal Employment Opportunity Counselor within usually 300 days. The Counselors must advise individuals in writing of their rights and responsibilities, including the right to request a hearing after an investigation by the agency. The process may go through informal mediation wherein the employer and the employee try to come to a reasonable agreement. It’s voluntary and I highly recommend it in most cases.

Regardless, the EEO Counselor will issue a report based on their initial findings. Once the employee receives notice of the findings, they have 15 days to file a formal complaint.

The formal complaint process can be found at 29 C.F.R. §1614.106-108. Basically, the EEO will conduct a full investigation and come up with a Report of Investigation. The employee has the right to request an administrative hearing with an administrative judge after receiving the ROI or they may sue in a federal district court. Mediation is always still on the table. If the parties cannot mediate, then the parties will go through the administrative process or a federal civil proceedings and then the judge will issue a “Final Agency Decision” (for administrative hearings) or a ruling (for civil actions). If the employee doesn’t like the decision, then they can always appeal. By clicking here, It’s easy to find a local EEO office, so check that out.

Because I value input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
just that she may be a agent for law inforcement or i could be paranoid but her attitude actions/behavior is condescending and asonine etc. that's all . thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
scandalous
!

I can certainly understand If she is a law enforcement officer or the Mayor of Tucson, what she is doing is against the law and the employer has a duty to step in.

What other questions did you have for me today about this?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pesci set up /everything is recorded! by camera

I see. So, gather whatever evidence you normally have That's going to be a wise idea.