I feel as if I'm being blackmailed and lied to about legal…

I feel as if...

I feel as if I'm being blackmailed and lied to about legal trouble from a lawyer I never met

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I'm in Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

He claims I'm getting a civil suit and hes taking care of it then he said I will have to pay $7000...then hes making me try and pay weekly payments

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that.
.

This sounds like a huge scam so would you be able to tell me what is the reason you allegedly owe money to this guy.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I met a girl and we liked each other she wanted her inheritance so i pretend to be her fiance then when he tried to transfer money in my account my account got frozen and I lost it...then I stop hearing form the girl he says he talked to my bank who is filling a civil suit on my I have to pay $7000 or the banker will fill the case with the AARP I've tried to call this laywer plenty of times put hes to busy..what should I do I'm desperate I know I shouldn't have prevented for this girl I understand that I'm no scammer I'm just a 22 year old idiot
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my bank wont even give me any information of why my account is closed but how does he know..my got is telling me this is one big joke but I'm to scared of what if its real
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What should I do please I need help

Okay, I'm not following. Who transferred money into your account? what does the AARP have to do with anything? What is this $7000 amount that you're referring to - did you receive it?

My gut says this is one big scam but you're sort of not presenting all the information in a logical manner so it's hard to tell...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No he tried to put it in my account I guess but I dont know if it ever went through I was told my account could have got closed from a bad check because I paid a bill twice and canceled 1 of them..he said all the documents are have to be returned to default..and the bank manager was asking for 7000 if I dont pay he takes it to the AARP I dont even now what that is..I'm so confused and scared I dont want till get a letter in the mail saying be at court but now asking for money only cash deposits and iv still never seen him or met him I'm just a kid who mad a dumb decision..I have a new bank but I think my account got closed for the bad check that's even what the banker said to me but..now he sent me and account number to send the money to him

So some lawyer contacted you with this girl - and then money was put into your account. I can't tell what you're trying to say... I literally see one gigantic sentence that is like 8 lines long and I'm having trouble figuring out what you're saying.

Let's try it this way: how did you meet this girl?

I'm not going to tell you it's a scam if I really believe it is - and for that I need information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll try and tell u everything I want to call but dont have the funds to...a so called lawyer iv never met and or talked to Jayden madison) is saying I'm getting sued I dont believe it but I dont want to tell him screw off if real..I was pretending to be a girls fiance so she could get her inheritance..when he lawyer tried to put money in my account the bank must have flagged it or my account was already getting closed I'm not sure there..but he said he called the bank manager and said he found out things about me..he said the banker is going to find me 7000 or take the case to the AARP still dont know what they are..now he said I have to pay up or it will go to court or the AARP will get involved

How did you pretend to be per fiance? In real life?

Do you know what AARP stands for?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
By telling her lawyer i was..no I dont know what the AARP stands for

And now I'm understanding what you're saying... this is the giant fiance scam - you pretend to be the fiance so some girl can get her alleged inheritance.... it's a total scam. Your bank closed the account b/c they realized it's a scam and they didn't want you trying to pull the money out thinking it was real. And now some scammer is contacting you telling you that if you don't pay you'll go to jail or to court or wherever.

AARP = American Association of Retired Persons.

This is a scam. If you communicate with them they will never leave you alone. Ever.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are u sure I have never talked to these people on the phone I only text or email I know it sounds pathetic but I'm a lonely kid I get pictures of her but never talked to her..now I'm talking to the lawyer and she is nowhere to be found..now that u explain it I cant believe I'm so stupid as to fall for it u must think I'm an idiot

I know you're scared but there is no fiance and now lawyer and no court. There is just some a** trying to steal money from you - and you don't have to let him!

I don't think you're an idiot... I have an advantage - I see scams like this literally EVERY day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I shouldn't send the money I should take my chances with this not being real..the bank told me they didn't want my business anymore so I got a new one and everything is fine it's not affecting my credit or anything

This is what these people do for a living.... they SCAM people all day long. NO you should ABSOLUTELY NOT send them money. You will literally NEVER see that money again.

If you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating (it's the little box of 5 stars at the top of the page) so that I receive credit for working with you. It allows me to get credit for the question from the website - at no additional cost to you. 5 stars is always appreciated - but not required!

If you need anything in the future please reach out. I'd be happy to help you. If you'd like to select me as a 'Favorite' on the site, it'll allow you to direct questions to me in the future if you'd like :) Best of luck to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just asked him what AARP was he said it was a fraud agency when I told him what AARP really ment he said I'm funny I'm a busy man talk to u later..I'm going with ur advice when I tell u this story out loud I see how much of an idiot I have been

He's a moron... and he is a scammer and you need to WALK AWAY.

If you need anything in the future, I'll be here to help - but I'm telling you that nothing good will come from saying literally ANYTHING else to these people.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank u so much for ur help I do appreciate e

My pleasure...

AARP: https://www.aarp.org/ <- in case you want to check it out ;-)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
U have opened my eyes I will definitely tell them to screw off..I will keep u in mind when I need more advice I'm giving u 20 stars..iv been so scared that I'm gonna get sued but now I say bring it..
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what he said to me.(Okay fine. Since you want it public, I will assist you make it public.since you can't remain silent. And I solve all errors you've caused. Just expect my mail. Since you have a personal lawyer. You called the entire bank. Mean while I had a side deal with a manager.

THIS IS A SCAM. Tell him that you sent his information to the FBI.

And STOP communicating with him. He will eventually say something that will scare you. Just turn off your computer and go to sleep!

Okay?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'm trusting u...I dont want to get in any trouble I dont want my mom knowing her son is a dummy for falling for a scam..can I have a number to contact u with out doing all this just in case..I would feel much safer and happier please

https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 <-- my direct link.

Reach out any time.

Or, if you select me as a FAVORITE you can direct questions to me in the future...

The only way to reach me by phone is through the call link, per site rules.

Good luck - and get some sleep :-)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll try and relax now I was crying for a while thinking I have to pay but u have reassured me that I'm in no harm or trouble...I will message u if he message me back with more threats of legal action

You can message me any time but you need to not communicate with this scammer unless it's to tell him to eff off.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mama hes said expect his letter in the mail..if that happens I'll message u but until he can go to hell..thank u do much..ur worth every penny good night

My pleasure :) Happy to help. And in case you need one more reminder... this is a SCAM!!! DO NOT pay this person any money!

-----------
Reminder: This site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent..has help me realize I'm being played and that I dont have to pay scammers any money..she's the best
Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Can u email him I want him scared like I was **********************

No. I don't threaten people. Don't poke the bear. Report it to the FBI if you want to but don't taunt these nuts.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I didn't want u to threaten on say I'm reviewing the case or something but he said the banker manager said he was going to the AARP not him once I said I'm not paying anything is where him making it public came out so I'll follow u...wont respond to any of his messages

I already told you what AARP stands for :)

Now stop communicating with these scammers and get some sleep! They're having a dozen other conversations at the same time they're talking to you, trying to see who'll bite - and pays them money. Don't be the person who bites...

Chalk this up to a learning experience and walk away.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
mama I'll go to sleep now I have ur link and ur my favorite...thanks again
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
One last thing I'm sorry to keep at this...would a bank manager or banker have any right to sue me after everything I told u...

No. You were a victim of a scam. No bank, banker, bank manager is going to be suing you.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to stop communicating with them. Period. That is what’s going to keep you out of trouble.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I just wanted to know I'm tell both of them to stop contacting me if they want to sue me do it I'm not paying till a judge makes me..I signed mo paper work..I did give my account information I know that was dumb but other than that my signature or hand writing of any kind was on there...if I do get paper work would I be able to show u...
you can show it to me. But I already know what I’m going to tell you. I’m going to tell you it’s a scam :-) because it is. Stop worrying!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thank u I'll keep in touch...is this going to charge me monthly or is this a one time payment
Sorry. I can answer just about any question you throw at me except one having to do with charges from the site… That would be a question for customer service :-)I’m told there are really good monthly plans – but I don’t know anything about them.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now I'm being told her family wants me arrested..I broke the law and I just need to pay..she cant help much...if I go to court she will to and we will both lose..and I will go to jail and have to pay money..I'm trying to ignore all this but this seems to real...I'm a young black man court is not I'm my favor..I'm trying to keep my mom and family out of this what do I do

Okay. Deep breath. The only reason they're telling you anything is because you're STILL communicating with them. This is a scam. This will continue to be a scam no matter how many times you ask me. I promise you that I will not change my answer - because it's the right answer. It's a scam. If you pay you'll just be losing your money. If you have money to blow through there are DOZENS of charities that would be immensely appreciative of it. I can give you a list. But please don't lose your money to scammers.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm trying to ignore it...they keep messaging me I dont want to lose anything they are asking if my moms number is ***** the account..I'm freaking out I ignore they keep going more and more should I get police involved

You can get the police involved - but they're unlikely to be able to do very much. Give it a few days - maybe even a few weeks. They'll find someone else to torture...

If you give in and pay they'll never leave you alone. If they're texting you block the number. I swear this isn't rocket science but it does require a bit of willpower for a few days/weeks. They're scammers. This is what scammers do.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll trust u I just want this to be over and go back to my boring life

I see this every day. Literally every single day.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'll keep updated
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It hasn't stopped I wouldn't care if they didn't have my address how do I get the FBI involved or something...I know the bank is sending me a letter but I dont want them sending me anything and I still dont know if I'm getting arrested for this it looks like I was money laundering...I I sent money to them in the past is that a crime in my part can I be blackmailed or arrested if I sent them money

Hey there :) I see you posted a new question to me but then it was closed...? I was off this weekend. If you'd like to repost I'd be happy to accept it.