Can you answer costody questions. The case is in

Hi can you answer...

Hi can you answer costody questions

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The case is in massachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I guess thats what I want to know. I told my sons father, out of respect, that we are moving to Alabama. I told him this 2months ago. we are leaving Saturday and I just found out that he planing to get me arrested once i cross borders for kidnapping I have cousady of him. He never sees him or calls him because he works 50+ hours a week If my son is lucky he sees him about 3-4x a year

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I dont think so

6/28/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Is there a court order which grants him some sort of visitation or custody rights?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello, no there isnt but he has some say in the legal custody area what ever that means

At this point, you should get a custody order from the Probate and Family Court in Massachusetts to avoid any possibility that he contacts the police. You can then a court order that grants you sole custody, or at the very least, a court order that allows you to move to Alabama.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok and we are suppose to leave Saturday if i go friday morning to court and start all this can i still go? we already got a house and sold our ferniture and gave our notice here everything is set for us to go.

It might take more time than one day to get a hearing and a court order unfortunately. What you should do is immediately reach out to a local family law attorney to explain the situation and see if they can get an emergency order for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how much would that cost?

It's hard to determine the price, and it can vary widely depending on how easy the process goes. You should be able to get quotes from the attorneys.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok so a family attorney and ask for an emergency custody order/ court date

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok sounds good. thank you.