Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Experience:  30 Years In General Practice,
68197583

Id' like to know if there is a legal representation agent of

Id' like to know if there is a legal representation agent of your firm in Haiti. I'm in a fierce custody battle for my daughter who is an American citizen. Both the mother and myself are Haitian nationals.Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in Haitian family court?
Customer: My daughter is 12 years old . Yes I filed papers in the Family Haitian Court. The court system is very slow and corrupted so I'm contemplating hiring an American firm since the child is American in order to bypass if at all possible the system here.
JA: Have they talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Who they ?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I'd like to know if there is such a thing as an American firm to assist in a custody case for an american citizen ( child) overseas ?

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Just Answer is not a law firm. JA is a general information site. I can provide a link for Attorneys that handle these matters. One moment please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok waiting...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
In Port-au-Prince

Law Office of Clifford Knaggs, Esq

Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Foreign Divorce and International Adoption Law Firm

+509 31064635

The Law Office of Clifford Knaggs is located in Port au Prince, Haiti. https://www.hg.org/lawfirms/haiti/port~au~prince.html

There is also The Haitian Lawyers Association http://www.haitianlawyersassociation.org/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i should contact one or all the references you posted above ?

I feel for you because I am painfully aware of the corruption. Please contact one of the above links. The American Bar Association is well aware of the issues and should be able to assist you in their International Department.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your assistance. Will do immediately.

You are most welcome. If you run into any issues please come back to this question and let me know so I can investigate further for you, if necessary.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work from the site I would appreciate it. A positive rating will not impact your ability to obtain a refund. Can you see the rating scale on your end at the top of the page, 5 stars?

You may not be familiar with how the site works. The Attorneys to not receive credit from the site for their time or with customers unless the customer provides a positive rating. We answer your questions in good faith, hoping for a good faith response regardless of whether the law is in your favor or not. If you were unhappy with my service please let me know that you would prefer to work with another Attorney and I will opt out.

Thank you for your consideration.