Does Wisconsin have a traffic ticket deferment program where…

Does Wisconsin have a traffic...
Does Wisconsin have a traffic ticket deferment program where you pay the ticket and as long as you don't get another ticket within certain period of time your ticket does not hit your driving record?If yes, then what's the process?
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/26/2018
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience.

Who is the ticketing authority or agency? What city or county?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I believe that the ticketing authority is the state and it's in a court near Janesville. I can give you specifics tomorrow, if you must.

Yes please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Court
Rock County Circuit Court
Janesville, WI
Ticket issued by a WI State Patrol SWR/DEF

OK, sorry for the delay. At night, it's less likely that I am online, due to personal obligations.

Can you please provide me with the offense number?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Adopting State Statute: 346.57(4)(H)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It has been three days since I posted this question. Can you please expedite?

Yes, I understand. And I apologize for the time it's taken. We just don't seem to be online at the same times. Thank you for your patience.

Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will see five stars at the top of this screen. Those stars are important because they are how I earn credit for doing my job. So please do not forget to do that for me before you leave the site today.

Please understand that sometimes the information I provide you is not what you wanted to hear or expected to hear—the nature of immigration law is that sometimes I have to give bad news. Unfortunately, there is not a perfect solution to every problem. If you get an answer you did not expect, please do not punish me for being a messenger with a negative rating. I don't make the rules. My job is to provide you with a positive customer service experience. And hopefully that is what I did for you today, and it will earn me a positive rating.

ANSWER: I have confirmed that in Rock County, there is no program by which someone can have a ticket dismissed upon the successful completion of a driving safety course or have the ticket deferred and then dismissed after successful completion of the probationary period.

The only option would be to contact the DA in regards ***** ***** case. The process goes as follows: 1) You would plead not guilty. (If there is no mandatory court appearance, you can send in a letter pleading not guilty. Either choice gets you another another court date.) 2) Contact the DA handling the case and try to either get the case dismissed or have the charge amended to something less serious or (although this appears to be a minor traffic charge), something other than a traffic infraction. 3) If you can't settle, you'll have to make a choice either to go to court for a hearing before the court or you can just pay the ticket.

Now if you have a situation where you have a lot of points on your record and you are in jeopardy of having your license suspended, Blackhawk Tech offers a Driving Safety Course, which can help you drop some points. But it will not be a program to help you dismiss this case. Again, the court has confirmed that there is no option for this type of relief other than to talk to the DA.

I'm very sorry. I know the answer might not be the outcome you wanted or expected, but I hope I have provided you with the information you were looking for. Again, I do not make the rules; I am just a provider of information. So please do not hold it against me. If you have any additional follow-up questions, you are welcome to ask them.

Although it took a while, which I sincerely ***** ***** I hope I have answered your questions. Just a reminder that I am an independent legal expert that this site uses to answer your question. You are the only way I get credit for helping you today. So please do not forget to give me credit for helping you today. To do that, you just scroll to the top of this screen, and click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★). Again, this is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

And if you feel like I’ve earned a bonus tip, that is also appreciated!

Finally, if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer