I don't think I qualify or would have an attorney's interest…

I don't think I...

I don't think I qualify or would have an attorney's interest but briefly:

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

-Yes, I provided emergency medical coverage to a facility and was not paid not to mention witnessed health care fraud, harassment, and what I consider discrimination simply because I told the administration I spent time with my patients and they expected one physician to see 50 + patients daily alone. A mathematical impossibility....

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

I own my own practice and work at a hospital. The hospital I'm speaking about I covered just because a recruiter (a friend) called and asked for an emergency favor?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I cannot afford an attorney right now due to a different reason....

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is only $5,300 as I submitted a time sheet only for 28-hours but actually worked over 120-hours at $185/hour but they are refusing to pay me even the $5,300 despite excellent reviews and even asked if I wanted to be one of their new Medical Directors
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!! I actually would love to chat but I cannot at this moment...

I see. Have you brought this up to anyone in payroll or HR about the hours they shorted you? Did they give you any explanation as to why this was the case?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there was somewhat of a different reason each time but ultimately said I had medical records to complete but that is not true. I have an email from the recruiter catching the falsehood and stating I would be paid regardless?

I see. So, were you considered an employee or an independent contractor? Also, what state was this in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Physicians have, probably much like you, crazy schedules. I like what I am hearing, would like to chat but can that be scheduled at another time? I need to see a patient

Oh, it's no problem. I think I have an answer for you

Basically, you need to get the state involved if they are unwilling to pay you the appropriate amount.

Generally, an employer must pay their employee at least a minimum wage, the wage agreed upon in their employment agreement, and overtime wages, if the rules regarding overtime apply to the employee. Also, an employee must be paid for all hours worked regardless of whether they are salary, hourly, part-time, or full-time. Upon termination, an employee must be paid out any bonuses, commissions, or any sick or vacation time that they have earned up until that time.

At times, an employee may need to file a wage claim to recoup the money they were supposed to be paid. Sometimes, this money could be money that was not paid as promised or could be money that was inadvertently withheld by the employer (e.g. they took out too much for health care). Every state and the U.S. government have a process that an employee can follow to get a return on their wages. The government acts as the go-between for the employer and the employee. They have the authority to investigate and make a final determination on whether wages were to supposed to be owed. The wise thing to do is to provide whatever documentation is necessary to make the government’s job easier. It’s important to remember that they are unfamiliar with an employer’s policies, wage scales, compensation plans, bonus schemes, etc. so if an employee provides much of that information in an organized manner in advance, then they are going to be in good shape. If a person has a complaint regarding wages, they can actually just click here and follow the rules on how to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Labor.

Because I value your input, I would like to know whether you have any other questions for me today that I could help you with?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not at the moment. Thank you!! That was actually very kind, professional and knowledgeable advice even though over computer!! Please enjoy the remainder of your Monday...:)

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer