If you have sex with a 16 year old when you are 32 year old…

If you have sex...

If you have sex with a 16 year old when you are 32 year old it 20 years ago and now you are married to them what is the law

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

North Carolina

6/24/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Is the person subject to criminal charges at this point?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Phone call session started

Calling now.

Hi, I just tried calling. Are you available?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
please call back

OK.