My current landlord has filed for eviction on me. I have had…

Hi, My name is*****...

Hi, My name is***** current landlord has filed for eviction on me. I have had people tell me that legally they cannot tell future landlords that I am looking at that they have filed for eviction. Is this true? My court hearing is not until July 5, 2018, and they have already cost me one apartment, so I need to know if they can or cannot do this

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is the property located in? And has anyone consulted a local attorney about this?

The property is in Delaware Ohio and I have not consulted an attorney as of yet,

Lawyer's Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?

There are not really any issues. She told me in February that my lease was until September, which is was up on Feb 28. I tried to pay April's rent at the end of May. She told me I had to pay April and May both and refused April's rent.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at this moment. I am going to have everything moved out by this weekend so I am not on the hook for anything for July

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/24/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will wait

Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately, there is no law that prohibits the landlord from saying that you were evicted. Plus, if they have filed in a county court for the eviction, it would be public record so a future landlord would not even have to speak with them if they ran a background check. The landlord cannot defame you by saying things like you were running a meth lab out of your home; however, they can say you were evicted and explain the factual reasons why.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. Nothing more today. Thank you for all of your help.

You bet!