What form do I use if I wish to file a indirect contempt of…

What form do I use...
What form do I use if I wish to file a indirect contempt of court for violations to a civil harassment restraining order I have against another party?Contra Costa County, CA
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Can you help me understand your situation a bit more? An indirect contempt of court action? Can you give me some more detail?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was granted a 3 year TRO against my boyfriends ex-wife for stalking and harassment. She was sending me messages on social media as well as my family friends and colleagues. She created several fake accounts in attempt to contact me. She left numerous comments on my page.!She was copying photos from my Facebook page of my son and I and sending them to my boyfriend and making fun of our looks etc. She’s called me several vulgar names, said I have herpes, said that I was a bad influence on her kids and my son. Attempted to call me through social media. Called my boyfriend all hours of the day talking about me or demanding to speak to me. Sent numerous emails and texts to him and his mother about me. Sent explicit photos of herself comparing herself to me. She somehow obtained my home and work address and was constantly threatening to come by. My corporate security had to launch an investigation to see if there was a breech of privacy made by one of my company’s employees because she said she knew people at my work and they provided her the info.She was ordered to stay away from my son and I, our home, my car, my job, and his school.
&
Not to harass, stalk, strike, or contact me or attempt to directly or indirectly through any means.
&
The judge also hand wrote a note stating that she is not to make any internet posts about my son or I.The initial TRO before the hearing was served on 4/10/2018. Later that day she messaged one of my friends complaining to him about the contents of the my TRO because she saw that I’d informed him that I was filing against her. (She even included her message to him in her response to the order before the hearing)Then on 4/13/2018 a friend of mine sent me a screenshot from her page where she’d posted talking about me. (She has since deleted the post)On 4/17/2018 the TRO was granted for 3 years and she was served a copy on 4/25/2018 because she was not present for the ruling.On 5/7/2018 after a weekend visit with my boyfriends kids where I’d styled their hair. She had her dad send my boyfriend a text message early in the morning complaining about me styling their hair, instructing him to tell me to “quit trying to play mommy,” and stating that I had no right to style their hair.
&
Later that evening the kids were complaining that their mother took out their hair styles telling them that she doesn’t like their hair and that I used cheap products in their hair.Then on 6/11/2018 she send my boyfriend 2 text messages stating how I’m the only one that he has “fooled.”So the initial TRO was served on 4/10/2018- and she violated is on 4/10/2018 & 4/13/2018The 3year TRO was served on 4/25/2018- and she violated it on 5/7/2018 & 6/11/2018.I would like to file a contempt of court for the violations- I read that because the didn’t occur in the courtroom in the presence of the judge that they are considered “indirect.” I don’t know what form to file.

I see what you mean. In addition to contact the police if you feel as if you are being threatened, a contempt of court action is wise.

Contempt of court occurs when there has been a valid court order entered, but a party is not complying with the order in some material way. A contempt proceeding is not to be ta***** *****ghtly. It is a quasi-criminal proceeding with a formal hearing, the taking of evidence and examination of witnesses. The accused may also have the right to be appointed an attorney by the Court. Usually, the court has forms that you can use to fill out. They are going to be specific to your state or even to your county, so be sure that you ask the court clerk (typically on the 1st floor) what forms you need if you cannot find the forms on the court’s website.

The court may decide that the other party is or isn’t in violation of the court order. If they are in violation, then the court may issue fines, and in very serious cases, they will issue jail time (usually for multiple violations). The party that is requesting the motion will have to provide the facts and possibly present witnesses to prove the case, but if they can prove it, they can usually find justice in that way.

Code of Civil Procedure section 1209 is the code section you'd reference. You should include the facts as you stated them to me, reference that law to see if there is anything else you can add, then file it.

Because I value your input, I would like to know what other questions did you have for me today that I can help out with:-)?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I’ll ask again at the court. The clerk I asked yesterday said that she didn’t know how I would be able to file that- as if she’d never heard of it - so I’ve been searching on line hoping to find the correct form however I’ve only been able to find contempt forms related to not paying alimony or child support for family law.Would I request a form for civil contempt or criminal contempt?

I see what you mean. Yes, see if they have a form for a civil contempt motion. If not, you can just draft it on 28-line pleading paper, reference the parties and case number, and file it in the court. Each county here is a bit different as to what forms they require; however, you can start with the attached pleading paper to get started.

Did you have any other questions for me at all today?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much. You’ve been very helpful.

You bet!