Connect one-on-one with a verified lawyer who will answer your question

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer

More related answers
All lawyers are VERIFIED
What legal action may I initiate to collect a $5000.00 debt
Richard, Owner
What legal action may I initiate to collect a $5000.00 debt that I loaned to a person 2 1/2 years ago? The person now resides in Kansas City Mo. Thanks! XXXXX… read more
re credit / collection law. I live in NYC and have a creditor
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
re: credit / collection law. I live in NYC and have a creditor (Chase Bank NA) that has initiated a legal claim for approximately $24K through the National Arbritation Forum. I would prefer to deal wi… read more
I have been contacted by a law firm Katz Legal? for a debt
Zachary Fowler
Zachary Fowler, General Counsel
I have been contacted by a law firm Katz Legal? for a debt collector demanding payment on an old debt no longer on my credit report. Nothing has been sent by mail and "process server" offices keep cal… read more
I have been served by a legal/collection office to collect
Legalease
Legalease, Attorney At Law
I have been served by a legal/collection office to collect a debt. I asked if there is any way I can arrange a payment plan, but they said I need to pay off the whole amount of $4000+ dollars. Is it c… read more
I need an attorney's advice I have just received a
Michael Bradley
Michael Bradley, Doctoral Degree
I need an attorney's advice I have just received a collection agency demand for payment of past rent at a former place of residence, and I had never received any prior notice from the previous managem… read more
I live in the Commonwealth of MA, and just received a letter
Tina, Attorney and Counselor at Law, Mediator
I live in the Commonwealth of MA, and just received a letter from the lawyers handing my debt settlement stating "Execution marked "Execution Satisfied". What exactly does that mean? The original exec… read more
Can a debt collection agency demand payment of an insurance
Roger, Litigation Attorney
Can a debt collection agency demand payment of an insurance claim for property damage? I had no insurance at the time and was fined and paid restitution. I was required to file an sr22, which I did. I… read more
Today I received a Demand For Payment - Court Ordered Debt
Sam, Attorney
Today I received a Demand For Payment - Court Ordered Debt Collections from the the California Franchise Tax Board - giving me 10 days to pay $40,000 - The referring office is Corrections. In 2002 I p… read more
I have questions re: family law, property separation, debt,
Legal Eagle, Attorney
i have questions re: family law, property separation, debt, collection, and contempt … read more
I have credit card debt and live in MA recently a debtor called
ctlawyer
ctlawyer, Attorney at Law
I have credit card debt and live in MA recently a debtor called and threatened me and I gave up banking info so they wouldn't take me to court. I still have not paid and I can't afford to. Because I t… read more
Someone just came to the door and asked for my wife with papers
Loren, lawyer
Someone just came to the door and asked for my wife with papers in his hand. He asked if she lived here and if she was at home. I did not answer his questions. We are going thru a debt management comp… read more
I want to initiate a civil action to collect a $1500.00 debt
loeblaw
loeblaw, Judicial Doctorate
I want to initiate a civil action to collect a $1500.00 debt owed to me by my ex-neighbors. Since the debt was incurred in November 2009, they have separated and moved. The wife lives in the Willis / … read more
I need legal advice on a credit card debt for a deceased
LegalGems
LegalGems, Juris Doctorate
I need legal advice on a credit card debt for a deceased spouse … read more
I had a deispute settled by my bank with a company now they
D. WINOGO ESQ.
D. WINOGO ESQ., Hearing Officer/Attorney
I had a deispute settled by my bank with a company now they ahve sent me to a collection payment demanding payment what should I do… read more
Legal Eagle, As you know, I've been asking you for advice on
Legal Eagle, Attorney
Hello Legal Eagle, As you know, I've been asking you for advice on my upcoming case for Guardianship and PFA. Regarding my case for Guardianship, we have a court date of 16 Feb 2018, but for only 15 m… read more
is it legal for a debt collection agency to garnish my bank
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
is it legal for a debt collection agency to garnish my bank account or payment deduction from my payroll even if i'm not the real debtor but i just assisted a relative to co -signed a loan?… read more
I need to get legal advice in regards XXXXX XXXXX debt collection
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
I need to get legal advice in regards XXXXX XXXXX debt collection agency that has not contacted me until recently (2 years after the matter). This agency is trying to collect several times more than w… read more
I am looking for legal advice on how to collect a debt of
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
I am looking for legal advice on how to collect a debt of $50K from an individual with liquidity problems but with assets of $3.5 million. There is some equity of those assets or at least that is what… read more