Well I'm looking to speak to someone about medicaid a

Well I'm looking to...

Well I'm looking to speak to someone about medicaid a lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

No steps. I want to ask a specific question related to Medicaid qualification.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I want to know that the session is confidential.

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/14/2018
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I can have the question sealed once we are done and you rate.What questions do you have here that I might help with?

Thanks - I didn't really ask the question yet.

Ask away here

My husband hasn't been working in past years and we've had some difficulties, including him being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma a few months ago. He was offered Medicaid this year and is on that in the state of Colorado.
Last year I got a one off pension payment from overseas and that pushed my income up - but I used the money to reinvest in another property and pay debts + a huge portion in tax.
the question is - do they base his medical insurance off my income - the household?
And are they going to say because I got a pension payment that I've earned too much?
It says you've replied but I don't see any replies here

Here you are required to report the payment, understand they share information with IRS so they will know about it eventually.It might affect eligibility for a month here if it goes over the income and resource limits.

What are the income guidelines for Colorado Medicaid?

General Program Requirements

Household Size*Maximum Income Level (Per Year)

1 $15,800

2 $21,307

3 $26,813

4 $32,319

4 more rows

Colorado Medicaid | Benefits.gov

https://www.benefits.gov/benefits/benefit-details/1621

Well the other issue is we don't live together and I just haven't updated the state about it since he has been unwell
Separated but I am still helping him because we have a daughter and we love one another but can't live together. So given he doesn't have a job, do I just report it to the state and then they'll just consider his situation and not mine? I already pay private health insurance for myself and daughter.

Well you should do so and list him as separated.

Ok, I just didn't want him to have too much hassle since he's got a terminal illness.

Yes he would be separated here.

ok
thank you
oh - we aren't divorced - someone had mentioned we have to be, but I'm not interested in doing this to him right now.

Prayers to you.I wish you both the best.Thanks for rating 5 stars and have a blessed evening.

Do I need to?

No court probably wouldn't grant given his condition at this point.You might get social security survivor benefits if he deceases as would your child if under 18.

she's 18 months.
Thanks for your help.

Stay married here, you are so welcome.

Ray, Lawyer