My wife and I were scammed by NBC

My wife and I...

My wife and I were scammed by NBC networkbrokeragecorporation and ccwholding for over. $140,164.00 and found out that both companies addresses don't. Have any listing in either address I had NY police do a person and property check and they are not any where how can this be and send fake IDs and letters from mexico and mexican banks. How could you help we want to sue. I have fib report

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Colorado

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have filed IC3 FBI report and FTC report and talked to our local police have given report to both my wife and myselfs banks. Were ready to find them some how

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We have limited money because that was our retirement money

6/12/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

I'm sorry to hear that you fell for an internet scam. Scammers are generally professional thieves and they have mastered the art of disappearing into cyberspace. They are able to do this because as you have already begun to realize, all of the information you have on these companies is fake. Addresses aren't real. Names aren't real. Phone numbers are mobile phones or computer apps. Documents are forgeries, and so on.

This means, unfortunately, that finding your scammers will be a job for law enforcement. You've already reported them but it hasn't done you any good, and that's not unusual. They could be anybody, anywhere in the world. That's why this is a police matter.

If you are looking to throw more good money after bad, the only thing you can do is to hire an internationl private investigator and see if he can find your fraudsters. It's a longshot with no guarantee of success, but at least the investigor will prioritize your problem, which is something you won't get from either the police or the FBI.

Other than that you should talk to your accountant. As a crime victim, your unreimbursed losses are tax deductible. That won't get you everything back, but whatever you get in the form of a deduction will be better than nothing at all.

Do you know international private investigator?

You can find an accredited private investigator through the Better Business Bureau. They are at bbb.org. Or you could contact the licensing agency in your state and see if they can refer you to a fully credentialed private investigator who would take this on for you:

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/Private_Investigator

Thank you

You're very welcome.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Do you know of how to get ahold of Mexico SAT English dept number?

No. Try contacting Profeco. That is Mexico's national consumer protection agency. They may be able to help you:

https://www.profeco.gob.mx/english.htm​

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Thank you .

You're very welcome!