I was terminated because employer states wants to go in

I was terminated because...

I was terminated because employer states wants to go in different direction. My agreement states either party can terminate with 90 days notice. I decided I didn't want to stay for 90 days as a lame duck. Employer says they do not have to pay me if I opt to leave now. Will only pay me if I stay the 90 days. Can I opt to leave now and still get paid. Can I collect unemployment?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

No discussion with attorney yet. Happened on Friday

Lawyer's Assistant: Are you an "at will" employee? Do you belong to a union?

At will

6/10/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer
Hello, I am an attorney here to help. If the terms of the agreement have you giving up payment if you don’t give a ninety day notice, then that is legal. The employer is still required to pay you for all of the days that should work regardless.
They just have the right to not pay you for any days after you quit before the 90 day period is up. You could qualify for unemployment, those who quit their jobs have to prove to the state that they had no choice but to quit for some reason poor illegal discrimination or harassment. So, for example, if you were being sexually harassed and had to quit, you would likely get unemployment. Did you have any other questions for me today?
They terminated me. Said according to agreement I have right to stay for 90 days because of the 90 day notice. But I really don't want to stay for 90 days would rather just move on. My question is do I have to work the next 90 days or can I just leave now and they must pay me. If they don't have to pay me if I elect to leave immediately can I at least file unemployment
I see what you men. If you leave before the ninety days is up, they don’t have to pay for those days you don’t work.
Correct
Excellent. Did you have any other questions for me today?
what is the answer? Or do I have to connect by phone?
I’m sorry. I must have missed one of your questions or you must have missed my response. What was your question?
Even though they terminated me, If i leave before the ninety days is up, they don’t have to pay for those days I don’t work.
That’s correct. If you leave before he ninety days is up, they owe you for everything up until your last day. If you stay the whole ninety days, they owe you for the whole ninety. Did you have any other questions for me today?
No. Bummer. Guess I will just apply for unemployment as I don't want to work somewhere I am not wanted. Thanks
I totally understand. If you don’t have any other questions, would you mind providing me with a five star rating today? I would sincerely appreciate
You’re too kind. Thank you!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer