Can a employer demand a test for continued employment?

Can a employer demand...

Lawyer's Assistant: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

Manager..

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

At will.i am a trucker

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The employer is based in nebraska

6/8/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good morning. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today. What type of test is the employer demanding?
Simulator driving test
Are you a part of any union? Do you have an employee or other contract with the company?
I can’t do a phone call now but I can answer online.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Eric Y., Esq.
Phone call session started

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

There is no federal law or state law that prohibits an employer from testing their employees. Employers can test employees knowledge and skills in their work related job functions as part of continued employment.

Unless you have a contract or an union bargaining agreement that says otherwise, your employer can even change your job dramatically, including restructuring it completely during your employment.

The employer can also required employees to attend events or training outside of your normal work hours. However, if you're an hourly employee or a non-exempt employee, (The designation of an employee as "salaried, non-exempt" means that the employer has designated an employee as nonexempt from the federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and chooses to pay a weekly salary that equates to at least minimum wage for all hours worked.), then you must be paid for time you're required to participate in work-related training activities.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please let me know if you have more questions.

It was a pleasure assisting you today, and I would appreciate if you would rate my service, so I will receive credit and payment for my work. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars