How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RobertJDFL Your Own Question
RobertJDFL, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 15773
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
RobertJDFL is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question relates to what city/county I can file a Breach

This answer was rated:

My question relates to what city/county I can file a Breach of Contract form in court. I am based in Orange County, CA and the contract is with a company in San Diego CA. thanks!
JA: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?
Customer: No, I have not I am trying to save money
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent the company a certified letter demanding money owed. They received it and have not replied. They referred us to an attorney. The attorney has ignored emails and phone calls for over 30 days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The amount owed is $8,000 in monthly management fees and $70,000 in sales commissions over a 9 month period. That it:-)

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert, how long do you think you'll need?


Just a couple minutes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks

Good afternoon,

Venue - the proper place (county or judicial district) in which to file a lawsuit -would be either where the contract was signed, where the defendant does business, or where the contract was to be carried out. So that could be San Diego County, but if they were going to do the work in Orange County, you could also sue them there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you!

You're quite welcome! Happy to help. Please remember to take a moment lo leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thank you!

RobertJDFL and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you