RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

My question relates to what city/county I can file a Breach

My question relates to what city/county I can file a Breach of Contract form in court. I am based in Orange County, CA and the contract is with a company in San Diego CA. thanks!
JA: Have you talked to a CA lawyer about this?
Customer: No, I have not I am trying to save money
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent the company a certified letter demanding money owed. They received it and have not replied. They referred us to an attorney. The attorney has ignored emails and phone calls for over 30 days
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The amount owed is $8,000 in monthly management fees and $70,000 in sales commissions over a 9 month period. That it:-)

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Robert, how long do you think you'll need?

Just a couple minutes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks

Good afternoon,

Venue - the proper place (county or judicial district) in which to file a lawsuit -would be either where the contract was signed, where the defendant does business, or where the contract was to be carried out. So that could be San Diego County, but if they were going to do the work in Orange County, you could also sue them there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thank you!

You're quite welcome! Happy to help. Please remember to take a moment lo leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Thank you!